Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Robert Gründler <ro...@dubture.com> on 2011/03/14 15:44:11 UTC

MySQL queries high when using delta-import

Hi,

we have 3 solr cores, each of them is running a delta-import every 2
minutes on
a MySQL database.

We've noticed a significant increase of MySQL queries per second, since
we've
started the delta updates.

Before that, the database server received between 50 and 100 queries per
second,
since the Delta-Imports the query count has rised up to 100 to 200
queries per second.

I've temporarily disabled the delta imports for 2 hours, and the queries
per second immediately
decreased again to 50-100 per second.

I followed the Wiki entry which only uses one Query for the delta import:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerDeltaQueryViaFullImport

I did not expect the queries per seconds to the database increase that
high, so i'm wondering
if others experienced similar issues.

cheers

-robert

Re: MySQL queries high when using delta-import

Posted by Bill Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
You could use clean= false parameter trick then just use query. Thus would reduce the queries by half for deltas.

Bill Bell
Sent from mobile

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Robert,