Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dan Massey <da...@gconnect.net> on 2006/10/20 00:24:30 UTC

Spamassassin Rules with Mimedefang

Hi List
I sent this to the mimedefang list as well, and on second thoughts, this may
be the place to post! Apologies for any duplication.

I'm using Mimedefang with spamassassin, and have writtem some rules in a
*.cf file. When I test the rules with spamassassin, they work, but I cannot
get them to work in the Mimedefang setup.

Currently the file is in /usr/local/etc/mimedefang/ directory, along with
the rule sets from spamass_rules:

ls /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin
70_sare_adult.cf                70_sare_oem.cf
72_sare_bml_post25x.cf          gconnect_rules.cf
v310.pre.sample
70_sare_bayes_poison_nxm.cf     70_sare_random.cf
72_sare_redirect_post3.0.0.cf   init.pre                        v312.pre
70_sare_evilnum0.cf             70_sare_specific.cf
99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf        init.pre.sample
v312.pre.sample
70_sare_genlsubj0.cf            70_sare_spoof.cf                RulesDuJour
local.cf.sample                 weeds.cf
70_sare_header0.cf              70_sare_stocks.cf               backhair.cf
random.cf
70_sare_html0.cf                70_sare_unsub.cf
bogus-virus-warnings.cf         sa-update-keys
70_sare_obfu0.cf                70_sare_uri0.cf
chickenpox.cf                   v310.pre

I see losts of refs to sare and chickenpox in my log files, but not of my
own rules. I assume that I have made a simple 'schoolboy' error, which I
expect is something to do with the location of the file. Any pointers would
be appreciated greatly

Dan

Re: Spamassassin Rules with Mimedefang

Posted by Bill <ad...@vci.net>.
    Any rules I install to use with SA/MD I install in the
/etc/mail/spamassassin/ folder where my sa-mimedefang.cf file is at. I
rarely create custom rules but the few I do have I place in the
sa-mimedefang.cf file itself - just my personal preference, again, since I
don't have many.

      Bill