Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Fatemeh Ahmadi <fa...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/11 09:26:39 UTC

Building Cubes with UHC Dimmensions

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am using Apache Kylin and I have multiple real UHC dimensions
(unfortunately I can not remove them) and because of that, the query
building process requires a lot of time. Do you have any recommendations?
I am thinking of using near-real-time OLAP (because it does not have the
first two steps in batch processing) and building multiple cubes
simultaneously in short periods. But even in this case, I have to keep
user-id (which is a UHC dimension) for each cube and one other UHC
dimension as well. Do you think this solution is practical?
If you have any opinion about this problem I would deeply appreciate it.

yours sincerely,
Fatemeh

Re: Building Cubes with UHC Dimmensions

Posted by Fatemeh Ahmadi <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have checked that before, but after setting this configuration, if
the UHC dimension is dict encoded, the process sticks on step 3 (extract
fact distinct columns, I see three reducers and the third reducer sticks on
69.78).
Therefore I choose the fixed-length encoding for the dimension and it
works. I look forward to hearing your opinion.

Posted by Xiaoxiang Yu <xx...@apache.org>.
Hi,