Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Vijaypal Singh <s....@gmail.com> on 2013/02/18 14:52:21 UTC

What is the significance of --topicSmoothing in lda

Hi,

With reference to LDA algorithm what is the significance of
"--topicSmoothing" and how does it effect the output.

I believed that it us useful in arranging the words within a topic but When
I expreimented with diferent values of topic smooting the output started
showing up new words under the same topics.

Can anybody provide me any suggestion on how to provide an optimal values
for this parameter ?