Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2013/01/14 15:59:46 UTC

Can't use ISO to create VM

Hi,

I successfully added a Centos ISO in Templates/ISO, marked it bootable,
public and featured, all well, however when I try to launch an instance
from ISO there is nothing in "Featured", "Community" or "My ISO".

Is there anything else I need to do? All the above was done as admin
user.

Re: Can't use ISO to create VM

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 14.01.2013 15:32, Nick Wales wrote:
> Has it completed downloading?
>
> If you go to templates, then click the "Select View" dropdown from
> Templates to ISO, click on your iso and you should see the downloaded
> % or a status.
>
> On 14 Jan 2013, at 08:59, Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I successfully added a Centos ISO in Templates/ISO, marked it
>> bootable, public and featured, all well, however when I try to launch
>> an instance from ISO there is nothing in "Featured", "Community" or
>> "My ISO".
>>
>> Is there anything else I need to do? All the above was done as admin
>> user.

Indeed, it hasn't been downloaded, that page shows:

===
Ready	No
Status
Size
===

How do I trigger a download action?

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Can't use ISO to create VM

Posted by Nick Wales <ni...@nickwales.co.uk>.

RE: Can't use ISO to create VM

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 14.01.2013 15:47, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think you need to use IP because i don´t know if secondary storage
> machine can resolve the hostname (maybe if you use a DNS...)
>
> The status is ready? Witch user do you use to create the template?

Even by using the IP address I could not register the ISO. I'll try to
reinstall when I get some more time, I probably forgot some settings or
details.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: Can't use ISO to create VM

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 14.01.2013 15:47, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think you need to use IP because i don´t know if secondary storage
> machine can resolve the hostname (maybe if you use a DNS...)
>
> The status is ready? Witch user do you use to create the template?

The status is "Ready no", so no luck. I'll try to use an IP instead,
see how that goes, though I do have working DNS on all machines.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: Can't use ISO to create VM

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ma...@anadat.es>.
Hello,

I think you need to use IP because i don´t know if secondary storage machine can resolve the hostname (maybe if you use a DNS...)

The status is ready? Witch user do you use to create the template?

Regards

Un saludo,

 Marcos Ortiz Fernández
 IT Technical Engineer

 Parque Empresarial Rivas Futura             Teléfono:  +34  902 196 047
 Calle Marie Curie 7 Edificio Beta              Fax :          +34  915 275 904
 28521 – Madrid

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 14.01.2013 15:35, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You need to setup the ip of webserver (where ISO is located) as
> trusted in global options in order to allow the ip through iptables
> of
> storage proxy server.

Right, completely missed this in the docs.
I have added the IP in the trusted sites, but still no luck. Must I use
an url containing the IP address, can't I use a hostname that translates
to this IP?

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: Can't use ISO to create VM

Does the ISO show as "Ready" while listing the ISOs ?

Re: Can't use ISO to create VM

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.