Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Rene Scholz <re...@abakus-edv-systems.de> on 2017/11/08 19:04:36 UTC

Re: camera + microphone, and a new question: higher resolution

Hello,

I think it is a good idea if somebody can make a "receipt" to make OM
secured with a letsencrypt-certificate - I think it is complicated.

@Maxim: I try your idea with the OM-Demo. There I had selected my camera
and all look good.
After that I try my own version.
- I opened it (in HTTP),
- open a room,
- no camera to select, like before...
- I MAKE A MOUSECLICK IN THE PREVIEW WINDOW
- and get there the question if I want to give rights for flash.

Click Yes to grant and its functionally (Firefox, actual version.)

I dont know why, but I am sure that I try to click there before.

I think you wrote that the flash-access for camera and microphone is
replaced?

Followed by this I modify the VideoSettings.html to get a higher resolution.
I have two IP-Cams (with a driver between the cameras and OM).
The resolution is 1280x720px and  1920x1080.

When I select the resolution of 1024x768 I see the whole picture. (In
the right top corner I see the date and time.)
When I select my new resolution of 1280x720 the picture is not the whole
one. The date and time is away.
When I resize the video-window, try to give it the nearly correct aspect
ratio (16:9)  and click on the button to load new
I can see nearly the whole picture (include the date/time).

I think In "lower" resolution it automatically fit and scale into the
window. Where I can adjust that?

With best regards,

Rene

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
@Rene,

My advice to switch to HTTPS was generic
Some browsers of some versions still allow to use camera/mic via HTTP, some
other don't

According to auto-fit, AFAIK there is no such code in OM, video window is
being displayed in the original resolution, then can be resized
In case you are using external IP cameras you might use this:
http://openmeetings.apache.org/ExternalVideo.html

Thanks @Martin, looking forward to see your results :))

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: camera + microphone, and a new question: higher resolution

Posted by "Chamberland, Martin" <Ma...@fadq.qc.ca>.