Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rahul Bhardwaj <ra...@indiamart.com> on 2015/06/18 09:27:43 UTC

compaction occurring very frequently

Hi All,

We have a cluster (2.1.2) of 3 nodes , There is one table which contains
huge amount of data and having sstable count more than 1800 on all 3 nodes.

We have noticed that suddently compaction for that CF occurs very
frequently right after completion of previous compaction and also taking
long time in compacting.

Par New collection time and CMS collection time have also increased on
those node.

Please suggest what could be the problem.

Regards:
Rahul Bhardwaj

--

Follow IndiaMART.com <http://www.indiamart.com> for latest updates on this
and more: <https://plus.google.com/+indiamart>

Re: compaction occurring very frequently

Posted by Carlos Rolo <ro...@pythian.com>.
Hi,

2.1.x does have compaction issues. Upgrading to 2.1.6 should help you. You
can also search this mailing list for some recommendations for that
specific problem since it is a recurrent issue.

Regards,

Carlos Juzarte Rolo
Cassandra Consultant

Pythian - Love your data

rolo@pythian | Twitter: cjrolo | Linkedin: *linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo
<http://linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo>*
Mobile: +31 6 159 61 814 | Tel: +1 613 565 8696 x1649
www.pythian.com