Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Alan Chen <al...@cisco.com> on 2001/12/05 06:29:37 UTC

Re: List of variables present in the template?

Hi,

The TemplateTool is a nice tool I can use in my development
but I can't find it under contrib/temporary directory.

Please help!

-Alan

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 12/5/01 12:29 AM, "Alan Chen" <al...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The TemplateTool is a nice tool I can use in my development
> but I can't find it under contrib/temporary directory.

You can find it in either the CVS, or the nightly builds under

  <velocity directory>/contrib/temporary/templatetool

Note that it won't be in the 1.2-rcX distribution

Nightly build or CVS only.

Geir

> Please help!
>
> -Alan

>>> I am generating messages merging Velocity templates that the user creates
>>> on the fly with CSV files.
>>>
>>> I would like to generate a report that includes only the fields that were
>>> used in the template.
>>>
>>> After looking without success for something like Template.getVariables(), I
>>> just parsed the template by myself.
>>>

>> Ok done.
>>
>> It's a simple little tool, found in contrib/temporary/TemplateTool (this
>> doesn't belong in the core, in my opinion...) and you can use it to get a
>> list of all the references in a template (and also counts of each
>> reference).
>>
>> There is a little main() method that demonstrates how to use it, so I won't
>> do it here.
>>
>> --
>> Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     geirm@optonline.net
>> System and Software Consulting
>> Be a giant.  Take giant steps.  Do giant things...
>>
>> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

System and Software Consulting
"He who throws mud only loses ground." - Fat Albert