Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Pierce T. Wetter III" <pi...@paceap.com> on 2010/03/22 20:54:20 UTC

Better EJB3.1 integration?

 Has anyone done any work on doing better EJB3.1 integration with Tapestry? I know that the Jumpstart does it by using a context lookup, and I'm copying that pattern right now (though without the service) but I thought I'd ask if anyone has gone one better.

 Pierce

Re: Better EJB3.1 integration?

Posted by "Pierce T. Wetter III" <pi...@paceap.com>.
On Mar 23, 2010, at 12:28 PM, Piero Sartini wrote:

>>  Has anyone done any work on doing better EJB3.1 integration with Tapestry? I know that the Jumpstart does it by using a context lookup, and I'm copying that pattern right now (though without the service) but I thought I'd ask if anyone has gone one better.
>
> I tried to integrate tapestry-ioc with CDI - which is IMHO the way to
> go for EJB3.1. Unfortunately there is no result yet - it is no trivial
> integration and seems more complicated than my time permits.
>
> You should find a thread about it on this list.

 Yeah, I read through that (Subject was titled "Discussion") but it never reached a resolution that I could see.

 For now, my solution has been to lazily use lookup() in a SessionState object, then I manually reset the EJB to null. Just seemed to me like it might not be that bad to do something similar in the IOC.

 It's pretty cool, IMHO.

 Most stuff:

  Uses tapestry-jpa module you an I worked on for searching, displaying etc.

 Multi-page-edit-to-submit:

  Uses a short EJB that's not much more than a wrapper around an EntityManager for when you want to change stuff. It uses conversations cribbed from jumpstart and has an edit tree so you can do complex nested edits.

 Of course, I haven't tested it all the way yet, and I lost two days figuring out that the "action" from the submit button comes after all the success, etc. events.

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
>  Has anyone done any work on doing better EJB3.1 integration with Tapestry? I know that the Jumpstart does it by using a context lookup, and I'm copying that pattern right now (though without the service) but I thought I'd ask if anyone has gone one better.

I tried to integrate tapestry-ioc with CDI - which is IMHO the way to
go for EJB3.1. Unfortunately there is no result yet - it is no trivial
integration and seems more complicated than my time permits.

You should find a thread about it on this list.

                 Piero