Posted to dev@s2graph.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/12/02 08:59:35 UTC

IP Clearance

Hi folks,

sorry to jump in in this way, but checking
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s2graph.git I see you
already pushed to the new origin the code from github.

There are some bureaucracy in ASF we have to properly do :

* First it that every action has to be reported in incubation status page
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/s2graph.html

* In addition it's always good to have Jira Issues per individual tasks,
either in the project/podling or INFRA.

Back to the code and the IP Clearance, not sure if you already did with
your champion, but the formal steps are something like:

1) Someone legally representing the current copyright holder (kakao Corp.)
must send the Software Grant Agreement to secretary@apache.org (CCing
private@s2graph)

2) You'll get acknowledgement once it has been archived in the ASF records.

3) Tag the code in the original repo (something meaningful like
apache-import-20151202) and notice it in the public description. Optionally
putting the original repo in read-only mode could help to notice the
migration to all developers.

4) Add the repo at git-wip-us.apache.org as new origin and push all
branches.

Again, I'd recommend you to tack everything in Jira issues. This is a
typical example of the workflow described above:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMMONSRDF-1

The problem now is that we already have the code already imported, so not
sure...

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: IP Clearance

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Thank you for the answer.

Just in case, I say that Kakao should submit SGA and CCLA to ASF and
Individual committers should submit ICLA.

Best regards,
Hyunsik

Re: IP Clearance

Posted by DO YUNG YOON <sh...@gmail.com>.