Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us> on 2001/09/28 04:30:46 UTC

subversion-M3-r117.i386.rpm

For RedHat 7.1:

I've got a subversion-M3-r117.src.rpm and
           subversion-M3-r117.i386.rpm

in the ftp://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/linux/RPMS/src and
       ftp://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/linux/RPMS/i386 directories if
anyone is interested.

It also requires db3-3.3.11-0.i386.rpm which is in the i386 directory
also.

You can find the SPEC file to generate it in the *.src.rpm directory.

Please try it out and let me know of any problems.  It works for me. :-)

Could the subversion.spec file be put into the subversion repository?

--
David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt

Re: subversion-M3-r117.i386.rpm

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@manyfish.co.uk>.
On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 01:36:56PM -0500, Karl Fogel wrote:
> Branko =?ISO-8859-2?Q?=C8ibej?= <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
> > >Probably best to create somekind of dist/ directory, so debain
> > >packaging can go in there aswell.
> > >
> > I'd vote for "packages/" instead. But then I like my bikeshed in a mauve
> > and lilac zebra-striped pattern. :-)
>
> :-)
>
> I'll figure something out when the .spec arrives, then.

I've attached it... the magic incantation is

rpm2cpio ../some.rpm | cpio --extract

(but be warned it spits everything out into the cwd)

joe

Re: subversion-M3-r117.i386.rpm

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 01:36:56PM -0500, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> Branko =?ISO-8859-2?Q?=C8ibej?= <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
> > >Probably best to create somekind of dist/ directory, so debain
> > >packaging can go in there aswell.
> > >
> > I'd vote for "packages/" instead. But then I like my bikeshed in a mauve
> > and lilac zebra-striped pattern. :-)
>
> :-)
>
> I'll figure something out when the .spec arrives, then.

A subdirectory will almost definitely be a Good Thing. Even an RPM could
have several varieties, based on the target OS. RedHat's .spec would put
stuff in /usr. Solaris would go in /opt maybe. Debian would use a whole
different format :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: subversion-M3-r117.i386.rpm

Posted by kf...@collab.net.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

Brane �ibej   <br...@xbc.nu>            http://www.xbc.nu/brane/

> > Could the subversion.spec file be put into the subversion repository?
>
> Absolutely (& thanks for putting this together!).
>
> Can you post the subversion.spec file, or tell me how to extract it
> from the RPM?  Any suggestions on where it should go?  I'm tempted
> just to stick it in the top level as subversion.spec, but if you think
> there could be more rpm-related files in the future, then it would
> make sense to create a new top-level rpm/ directory.

Probably best to create somekind of dist/ directory, so debain
packaging can go in there aswell.

> -Karl

Sander