Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> on 2019/06/20 09:21:06 UTC

[COMMITTERS] GitHub problem with merging PRs or commenting on them

Attention fellow committers,

There is currently an issue with GitHub where it may not be possible to
close PRs or comment on them.

When you merge a PR through the UI it can happen that the commit is
merged, with the PR being closed! When this happens, don't try to merge
it again (like I did....) or we'll end up with empty commits like
https://github.com/apache/flink/commit/c5ff8e3c1040260df9dcf3f5278d5409c4077a2e
.

GitHub is aware of this issue, see https://www.githubstatus.com/

Re: [COMMITTERS] GitHub problem with merging PRs or commenting on them

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
* When you merge a PR through the UI it can happen that the commit is
merged, _without _the PR being closed!

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reminder! @Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>
I thought I had a network problem, it turned out to be a GitHub problem.
I can't comment on the PR 5 minutes ago, it should be OK now!

Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> 于2019年6月20日周四 下午5:21写道: