Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Thaddeus Brown <ta...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/04 04:03:51 UTC

Non contribution

I would like to know how I could become a member or show a contribution?

Re: Non contribution

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@hammant.org>.
1. Join a mail list for a project that you like most,
2. get savvy with git (or svn if applicable) as well as the build
technology for the project in question,
3. then as you see something that could be done and can achieve it yourself
(with tests hopefully), donate it back.

Make sure to ask the project team in question as to how to donate it back
(re #3).

Also, start small because you don't know how enthusiastic teams are for
receiving potentially unsolicited commits. Not Apache, but look how
backlogged teams can be: https://github.com/gorakhargosh/watchdog re work
(130 issues, 22 pull requests).  You don't want to donate something to a
team that can't consume reasonably quickly.

- Paul

--
Paul Hammant DevOps <https://devops.paulhammant.com> Let me give your
enterprise a step by step plan to get out of the hell of crazy branching