Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Rene B <br...@yahoo.de> on 2004/01/13 10:50:43 UTC

Security in IFRAME PORTLET

Hi!

I'm not that new to Jetspeed but I'm still struggling
with it sometimes. So I would really appreciate some
of your helpful suggestions...

The problems backround:
- RedHat Linux 8.2
- Tomcat 4.1.29
- Jetspeed 1.4 b4

The problem:
I've programmed a voluminous JSP-webapp under use of
some JavaBeans and servlets, connecting to a user
specific database and doing some visualizations.
Recently, I tried to put this webapp into a JSP
Portlet, which did not meet my needs. Then I focussed
on the IFRAME Portlet.

How can I retrieve within a IFRAME, whether a user is
logged in or not? As far as I know, the IFRAME HTTP
request is done by the clients web browser and not by
Jetspeed... If this is the case, there would be no
solution to get the Jetspeed RunData holding the
username and password?

I need sort-of SSO-functionality for IFRAMEs. Is this
possible in any way?

Thanks in advance!

Broiler

Re: Security in IFRAME PORTLET