Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Haggerty <ha...@teleport.com> on 2002/10/08 18:31:45 UTC

Apache 2, Tomcat, & JBoss configuration

Current versions:
	FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE
	Apache 2.0.42 (although FreeBSD port now has 2.0.43)
	Tomcat 4.0.5
	JBoss 3.0.0 (NB: This installation is the package WITHOUT Tomcat)

Apache and Tomcat are getting along fine and I can access deployed webapps
through the warp connection (Is JK2 preferred over warp?) on both port 80
and 8080.

JBoss is alive and well on port 8082.

However, virtually ALL the documentation I have found regarding connecting
the three refers to the JBoss+Tomcat package (modify the server.xml in
${JBOSS_HOME}/catalina).  Does anyone have an example of connecting Apache -
Tomcat - JBoss WITHOUT JBoss+Tomcat?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Apache 2, Tomcat, & JBoss configuration

Posted by Anthony Geoghegan <an...@eircom.net>.
You have to use remote interfaces and turn off the TOMCAT JNDI server to use
the JBOSS JNDI server, otherwise it's fine.

Best Regards,
Anthony Geoghegan.
J2EE Developer
CPS Ireland Ltd.