Posted to user@flink.apache.org by sohimankotia <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/26 04:52:59 UTC

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at com.google.protobuf.AbstractMessageLite.toByteArray(AbstractMessageLite.java:62)

Hi,

I am getting Java Heap Space error while running Flink Job (Flink 1.2 ) .

Use case :  I am getting all keys from REDIS with specific pattern . Then
streaming over those keys and reading data from Redis for those key and
writing to file in HDFS .

Job was running fine for few days but suddenly started giving Heap Space
error .

Job Parallelism : 9 ( 3 nodes and 3 slots)

Total Redis Keys  : 1031966  ( aprox 33 MB in size (keys only))

Logs :

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at com.google.protobuf.AbstractMessageLite.toByteArray(AbstractMessageLite.java:62)

Posted by sohi mankotia <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan ,

Here is main class code  :

final String outFile = getOutFileName(backupDir);

final Set<String> keys = getAllRedisKeys(parameters);

final ExecutionEnvironment env =
ExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();
env.setParallelism(parallelism);

env
    .fromCollection(keys)
    .rebalance()
    .flatMap(new RedisRead()).withParameters(parameters.getConfiguration())
    .writeAsText(outFile);

env.execute();

RedisRead  -> simply read key one by one .

Memory Per task  : 2048 MB

Attaching flink logs .

Let me know if I can help anything more .

Thanks and Regards
Sohi

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Stefan Richter <s.richter@data-artisans.com

Posted by sohimankotia <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan ,

Here is main class code  :

final String outFile = getOutFileName(backupDir);

final Set<String> keys = getAllRedisKeys(parameters);

final ExecutionEnvironment env =
ExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();
env.setParallelism(parallelism);

env
    .fromCollection(keys)
    .rebalance()
    .flatMap(new RedisRead()).withParameters(parameters.getConfiguration())
    .writeAsText(outFile);

env.execute();

RedisRead  -> simply read key one by one .

Memory Per task  : 2048 MB

Attaching flink logs .

Let me know if I can help anything more .
error.log
<http://apache-flink-user-mailing-list-archive.2336050.n4.nabble.com/file/t894/error.log>

Posted by Stefan Richter <s....@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,