Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by chaloo banda <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/01 07:19:22 UTC

RE: Cocoon integration with WebPagePortlet

hi there !
   regarding the cocoon - jetspeed integration.....how are you maintaining
sessions ?
i mean when i try...i access the cocoon page as a webpageportlet allright
but the session details...like username etc. are not passed to cocoon....i
think this is because  the session being maintained within the context
boundary( i have cocoon and jetcpeed running as two different contexts or
webapplications within the same tomcat ! )...
   any idea how to do this ?

regards

CB

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
The WebPagePortlet does not maintain a session with the web server, in
your case the servlet Cocoon.  Nor does it maintain any cookies.

As far a passing a user name, you can add a username parameter to the
URL of the WebPagePortlet, but the parameter would NOT be populated with
Jetspeed username.  See Jetspeed's portlet catalog for documentation on
passing parameters.

Paul Spencer