Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa> on 2013/12/18 00:12:43 UTC

Permission problem in Junit test - Hadoop 2.2.0

Hi,

I am running Junit test on hadoop 2.2.0 on eclipse on mac os x. Whenever I
run the test, I am faced with the following error

It seems there is a problem with the permission test data dir.   Please
advise.

2013-12-18 02:09:19,326 ERROR hdfs.MiniDFSCluster
(MiniDFSCluster.java:initMiniDFSCluster(647)) - IOE creating namenodes.
Permissions dump:
path 'build/test/data/dfs/data':

absolute:/Volumes/Me/kepler_workspace/hadoop-hdfs/build/test/data/dfs/data
    permissions: ----
path 'build/test/data/dfs':
    absolute:/Volumes/Me/kepler_workspace/hadoop-hdfs/build/test/data/dfs
    permissions: drwx
path 'build/test/data':

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara

--

------------------------------
this email.

Re: Permission problem in Junit test - Hadoop 2.2.0

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.
Note: I have built hadoop not in my home directory but rather in a
different volume.

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara

--

------------------------------

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: Permission problem in Junit test - Hadoop 2.2.0

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: Permission problem in Junit test - Hadoop 2.2.0

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.
What is weird is that, it has the right permissions in the directories
below, but for some reason it got deleted at the
"build/test/data/dfs/data" to be "------" permission access

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara

--

------------------------------

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: Permission problem in Junit test - Hadoop 2.2.0

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: Permission problem in Junit test - Hadoop 2.2.0

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.

--

------------------------------

Posted by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa>.