Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Sundar Sankar <fa...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/10 17:00:05 UTC

How to handle rowtype in parameter when calling a stored procedure

Hi,
     I have a stored procedure that takes rowtype, an instance of a table,
in my database. How do you create the mapping for such kind of case. Does
Ibatis support this?

Regards
Sundar Sankarnarayanan

Re: How to handle rowtype in parameter when calling a stored procedure

Posted by Sundar Sankar <fa...@gmail.com>.
The parameterMap id was procParam. and not one I have mentioned below. Sorry
about that.

Posted by Sundar Sankar <fa...@gmail.com>.
 I am new to accessing stored procs as such. I don't know how I would do it
JDBC. I had an example with Springs jdbcTemplate where my jdbcType was
ARRAY. But no matter what I give the type as(ARRAY, OBJECT, CURSOR) ibatis
was throwing me an UncatergorizedSQLException or a NullPointer exception and
asked me to check the mapping for the property. I had tried having a
resultMap too mapping,  an object where each of the columns where mapped to
properties. I also made sure in the unit test that none of the properties
were Null.

Still I am getting this error.

My Mapping file is something like this

<parameterMap id="saveOrUpdateCoursesParam" class="map">

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
How would you do it with JDBC?