Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Hermann, Uwe" <Uw...@de.ebmpapst.com> on 2020/08/10 05:47:27 UTC

Problems with SSO, nested groups and

Hi all,

we're evaluating Guacamole 1.2.0 right now. Our setup is like this:
SSO with SAML2.0, an Active Directory structure with nested groups (about 80 groups directly linked to Guacamole)

AD
  - G1
    - G1.1
    - G1.2
  - G2
    - G2.1
etc.

When our users are only in one group, it works. They're seeing and are being able to use the connections for that group. The problems arise, when users are in G1 (to stay with the example from above). They don't see the connections from G1.1 or G1.2. Is this behaving as intended or did I do something wrong somewhere?

Another thing is if user xy is in groups G1.1. and G1.2 they're seeing the same top-level-structure in Guacamole twice. E.g.
Organization (shown twice)
  - country (shown twice)
    - city  (shown twice)
      - G1.1
      - G1.2

Is this behavior also intended?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

i.A. Uwe Hermann

ebm-papst IT (Mulfingen)
Datacenter Services

ebm-papst Mulfingen GmbH & Co. KG
Amtstraße 85
74673 Hollenbach
Phone: +49 (7938) 81 8732
Fax: +49 (7938) 81 98732
Uwe.Hermann@de.ebmpapst.com
http://www.ebmpapst.com

ebm-papst Mulfingen GmbH & Co. KG
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bachmühle 2, D-74673 Mulfingen
Kommanditgesellschaft Sitz Mulfingen: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 590344
Komplementär: Elektrobau Mulfingen GmbH, Sitz Mulfingen, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 590142
Geschäftsführung: Stefan Brandl (Vorsitzender), Hans Peter Fuchs, Dr. Stephan Arnold, Johannes Pfeffer, Thomas Wagner