Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by rams <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/27 12:10:01 UTC

External DB PSML maintenance, General DB support

Hello,

Is there any way to maintain PSML entries in the
database? I'm using USER/GROUP/ROLE maintenace via
other system (not Jetspeed), so they are not linked to
PSML maintenance. I want to extend this system so that
whenever a new user gets created it's entry goes into
JETSPEED_USER_PROFIILE table also. Other columns are
simple to insert, but I couldn't get through PROFILE
LONG RAW type.

How much support in Jetspeed is to read Portlet,
Security ref etc. from tables in the database? This is
again because I want to configure some of the Portlets
and their permissions online, rather than adding them
into XREG files and restarting services.

Any direction, approach suggested will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ramsay

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com