Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Alejandro Pujol <ep...@cantv.net> on 2004/05/20 22:54:45 UTC

Telnet escape sequences

Hi,

I'm developing an application that connects to a telnet host using the
TelnetClient class.

I'm using the VT100 terminal type, but when I receive data, it comes with a
lot of escape sequences like ^@, ^[#,#H, etc.

Is there a way to filter this sequences, so that I can receive the data
exactly in the same way it is viewed in any terminal emulator?

Thank you,

Alejandro Pujol

Re: Telnet escape sequences

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
It may be not the case if the server sends you things in a different
order. These escape allow "move-to" in a terminal.
I tried it recently and it was pretty hard... resorting to classes of
visual telnets was not a choice...

paul