Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brian Jauch <ja...@seapine.com> on 2006/05/16 18:58:47 UTC

Subversion 2.0

Hello,

I am involved with development for a defect tracking product (TestTrack
Pro), and we are considering integrating with Subversion.  I was hoping
you could provide a general idea of when version 2.0 will be released.
We are interested in this so that we will be able to predict when we may
have to update our integration to account for changes in the Subversion
APIs.  Any information you could provide would be helpful, we certainly
don't expect an exact date.

Thank you very much,

_______________________________

Brian Jauch
Software Engineer Co-op

Seapine Software, Inc.
Phone: 513.754.1547
Fax: 513.754.1660
http://www.seapine.com <http://www.seapine.com/>
_______________________________

Re: Subversion 2.0

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.
Hi, Brian. This is the user's list, not the developer's list: but the trunk of development is always at:

    http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/

The branches are at:

    http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/

It looks like the next release is 1.4.x: from what the web pages say, I think you can expect it to be entirely backwards compatible with 1.3.x, at least in terms of the current API's.

Re: Subversion 2.0

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 5/17/06, v4r4n <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Who says there can't be a 1.11.0 or 1.253.0?
>
> 2.0 happens when enough people want it to happen and are ready to put in the
> work.
>
> But, one could also speculate that 2.0 will never happen because by
> definition it will break backward compatibility and be a complete redesign.

Realistically, it will probably happen someday, but we have no firm
plans to do it right now or in the immediate future.

-garrett

Re: Subversion 2.0

Posted by v4r4n <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: Subversion 2.0

Posted by Nick Thompson <ni...@agere.com>.

Re: Subversion 2.0

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 5/16/06, Brian Jauch <ja...@seapine.com> wrote:
> I am involved with development for a defect tracking product (TestTrack
> Pro), and we are considering integrating with Subversion.  I was hoping you
> could provide a general idea of when version 2.0 will be released.  We are
> interested in this so that we will be able to predict when we may have to
> update our integration to account for changes in the Subversion APIs.  Any
> information you could provide would be helpful, we certainly don't expect an
> exact date.

I think you'll have much more luck asking on the Subversion Developers
list.  We are but humble users here (though some devs do participate).
 I don't think I've even heard hints about version 2.0 in the 6 or so
months I've been subscribed here.