Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/25 14:58:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] new "books" for 3.1.0-incubating

Now that we have our "book" model for documentation we can add different
classes of docs.  For example, right now, we have our "Reference Book" and
our "Upgrading Book".  I think that for 3.1.0-incubating it would be very
cool to get a "Developer Book" and, perhaps more importantly, a "Tutorial
Book".

The "developer" book would contain our dev docs for contributors.  I would
basically roll the RELEASE and CONTRIBUTING content into it to start, but I
can think of other odds and ends we might add there over time.

The "tutorial" book would contain helpful user guides on specific topics.
Initially, it would probably be best to focus on "getting started" type
guides.  Some suggestions:

1. TinkerPop in 5, 10 and 20 minutes
2. Data loading
3. Connecting to Gremlin Server (with different drivers)

Other ideas?

It would be nice to get 1 or 2 tutorials written in 3.1.0 so that we had a
good model available for future releases.  Any volunteers who would like to
collaborate on a tutorial?

Re: [DISCUSS] new "books" for 3.1.0-incubating

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
I created a couple of tickets to get the basic structure in place for the
developer book and the tutorial book:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP3-922
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP3-923

Once I get those in place we can create tickets for the other tutorials
that folks suggested.

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dylan Millikin <dy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.