Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dh...@lexmark.com on 2005/03/30 16:58:12 UTC

Newbie: Unit Tests AND Integration Tests problem

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Maven, and trying to set up our project to run both
integration tests and unit tests.

The unit tests are fine - just specified the directory under the
<unitTestSourceDirectory> tag.

However, we have integration tests that reside in a sister directory ie
test.mypackage.unit and test.mypackage.integration.  I'm trying to get
Maven to run both of them, but can't figure out how.  I've tried setting
the unitTestSourceDirectory to the parent directory and including both
sub-directories, but then it adds the "unit." and "integration." to the
package names of the files below, which I don't want.

Any ideas?

thanks!

David

Re: Newbie: Unit Tests AND Integration Tests problem

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
You have two options:
- create your own plugin that runs the unit tests from the second directory
- separate the integration tests out into a separate project, and run
them using the completed JAR from the other project

If the integration tests run under different conditions, they are
generally better run on a completed JAR within a separate project, so
that's what I'd recommend.

- Brett