Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bryan Wilcox <az...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/06 18:44:26 UTC

Exception Handling Question

Hello,
   I am new to this list and using the Xerces Parser.
We are using version 2.5 of the parser in our C++
application as a static parsing library for importing
and exporting XML documents into a set of C++ classes
we use for manipulating the data in our code.
   I was wondering if someone could help me on where I
could get some information on the exception safeness
of the xerces code.  For example, if I create my own
DomErrorHandler for use with a DOMBuilder parser (or a
DOMWriter serializer).  In this handler I look at the
severity of the error.  Can I throw an application
defined exception from within this error handler
without problems in the Xerces code (parseURI's
documentation seems to imply that I should return
false and tell the parser to stop parsing).  Also, is
there any information on what the severity means (for
example, what warning messages are safe to ignore and
what indicate a problem that should cause parsing to
terminate).
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan