Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> on 2005/09/16 16:46:32 UTC

About components in libraries

Let's say I have a library named testlib,
with only one component TestComp.

If i include in a template something like

then I won't get any errors reported (shouldn't I? testlib does not
contain any Form component )
and instead the Form component of the framework will be used.

Is this the expected and designed behavior?

Re: About components in libraries

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

>It's something of a sideeffect of the delegation that allows you to
>use Tapestry framework components with out having to prefix with
>"framework:".  Hidden in there is an optimization to reduce the cost
>of resolving an unprefixed component type. It may be a bug, but its
>not harming anyone.

ok, no problem with me...just checking!

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It's something of a sideeffect of the delegation that allows you to
use Tapestry framework components with out having to prefix with
"framework:".  Hidden in there is an optimization to reduce the cost
of resolving an unprefixed component type. It may be a bug, but its
not harming anyone.

On 9/16/05, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> Let's say I have a library named testlib,
> with only one component TestComp.
>
> If i include in a template something like
>
> then I won't get any errors reported (shouldn't I? testlib does not
> contain any Form component )
> and instead the Form component of the framework will be used.
>
> Is this the expected and designed behavior?

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind