Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Steve Raeburn <sr...@apache.org> on 2004/03/07 10:04:28 UTC

Struts Logo

As a sideshow to the Struts TLP proposal, I'd like to resurrect a
discussion from a few months ago regarding a new logo for the Struts
project.

At the time, I put together a site
(http://www.ninsky.com/struts/logo/logo.do) to allow submission and
voting for a new logo, should we decide we want one. Please take a look,
and if there's interest from the committers and community, then we could
launch a competition for a shiny new logo to go with the (possible)
shiny new TLP status.

Steve

Re: Struts Logo

Posted by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.
This was not working this morning, Steve.

RE: Struts Logo

Posted by Marc Peabody <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Well, I'm having fun playing around with different ideas. I hope other contributors are too.

IMHO, the committers should pursue a new logo. What's the worst that could happen - sticking with the old one? Besides, it should be a good break from staring at tags all day, right? :-)

- Marc

RE: Struts Logo

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Quoting Steve Raeburn <sr...@apache.org>:

> The intention is that anyone will be able to submit a logo.
>
> But first, the committers will have to decide whether they want a new
> logo. ** There is no competition yet! **

For the record, I'm +1 on having a new logo (well, maybe it's really "havig a
logo" :-), +1 on doing it with this kind of a contest, and +1 on the timing of
doing it now.

It seems to me we want to end up with two different sized logos ... one that
would go in the upper right corner (or wherever) of our own website, and a
smaller "powered by" that would hopefully be posted on applications that used
Struts.  We can go spelunk what other projects have done (Geronimo did this not
long ago) for technical details like image sizes.

Craig

RE: Struts Logo

Posted by Michael Albrecht <ma...@neusta.de>.
Zitat von Steve Raeburn <sr...@apache.org>:

> The intention is that anyone will be able to submit a logo.
>
> But first, the committers will have to decide whether they want a new
> logo. ** There is no competition yet! **

Sorry for my colorblindness, but the big red letters have not been big enough
for me ;-)

> Regarding your upload, the entries would be have to be checked and
> approved before being displayed on the site. Otherwise people would be
> posting all kinds of strange pictures 8-) Your submission is waiting in
> the queue.

Of course you're right direct submission shouldn't be done.

> Please monitor this list to see if we actually decide to hold a
> competition, at which time the details would be announced. You would
> need to re-submit your entry at that time.

No problem.

> Thanks for your enthusiastic interest though!

Oh, you haven't seen my pic already... ;-)

Michael

RE: Struts Logo

Posted by Steve Raeburn <sr...@apache.org>.

Re: Struts Logo

Posted by Michael Albrecht <ma...@neusta.de>.

RE: Struts Logo

Posted by Steve Raeburn <sr...@apache.org>.
Oops!. That's what I get for posting too late at night.

http://www.ninsky.com/struts/logo.do was what I meant.
(But Ted's link goes to the same place).

Thanks Martin/Ted for pointing it out.

Steve

Re: Struts Logo

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.