Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ProgrammerMP <mp...@ontargettechnology.com> on 2008/01/17 21:14:14 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_dav_svn integration

Configuration:  Apache 2.2, MySQL, Subversion 1.4.6 (for Apache 2.2.x) on
Windows

I've added the following 2 lines to my httpd.conf file:
LoadModule dav_module           modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule dav_svn_module     modules/svn/mod_dav_svn.so

I've copied the mod_dav_svn.so file from svn/bin to
c:/server/apache2.2/modules/svn

When I try and execute httpd.exe from the command line, I get

httpd:  Syntax error on line 117 of C:/Server/Apache2.2/config/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/Server/Apache2.2/modules/svn/mod_dav_svn.so into server:  The
specified module could not be found.

Note:  When I delete the mod_dav_svn.so and run httpd.exe I get the same
error message.  So I am thinking that it cannot find the file, even though
it appears to me to be where it is looking for it.

I have this working for Apache2.0 and Subversion 1.4.5(for Apache 2.0.x) but
I want to upgrade.

Why does Apache2.2 not see the mod_dav_svn.so module?  Does it see it and
just isn't compatible with it?

Re: [users@httpd] mod_dav_svn integration

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
ProgrammerMP wrote:

> Ok.  I got it working.  The error message is mis-leading.  It COULD find the
> module, it could NOT resolve all of its dependancies.  I had to copy a bunch
> of *.dll from svn/bin to c:/server/apache2.2/bin and c:/windows/system32.

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

If you ever want a very colorful combination of unix's ld and nm all
rolled into one GUI, this is your tool (it happens to be in most but
not all of the various visual studio/sdk's, but this particular site
is the most current stuff).

Re: [users@httpd] mod_dav_svn integration

Posted by ProgrammerMP <mp...@ontargettechnology.com>.