Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/11 21:49:51 UTC

ZooKeeper and checkstyle

Hi,
I did not notice that we already have checkstyle configuration in the ANT build.

This is the command
ant checkstyle

Unfortunately we have hundreds of violations....

I think it will be a great step to re-enable checkstyle on master
after we get a "stable" release of the 3.5 branch.

I expect that after that point we will be free to perform important
(in terms of numbers of lines) changes and code repository layout
changes.

Enrico

Re: ZooKeeper and checkstyle

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno mar 12 feb 2019 alle ore 10:56 Norbert Kalmar
<nk...@cloudera.com.invalid> ha scritto:

> There was some discussion about checkstyle a while back, but I can't find
> it. Maybe it was on a PR.
> We concluded that we have so many violations it doesn't make sense to
> activate. But as you suggested, I think the same was concluded, that it
> should be activated on master sooner or later, should only give warnings,
> no build failure for starter. And the majority of warnings could be fixed
> in a single big PR as it is mainly formatting.

I would prefer to really activate checkstyle on master, once we have
released 3.5.

IMHO Having warnings is not useful.

Enrico

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.