Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/14 21:31:14 UTC

org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container basic auth returns 403

https://github.com/sgjava/tomee-jaxrs-test

You can see from the logging filter that the header is correct:

INFO: Headers: {Content-Type=[application/json], Accept=[*/*],
Authorization=[BASIC dG9tY2F0OnBhc3N3b3Jk]}

UserServiceAuthTest is what you want to look at.

javax.ws.rs.ForbiddenException: HTTP 403 Forbidden
	at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.AbstractClient.convertToWebApplicationException(AbstractClient.java:495)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:897)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:865)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.invoke(WebClient.java:428)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient$SyncInvokerImpl.method(WebClient.java:1636)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient$SyncInvokerImpl.post(WebClient.java:1576)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.spec.InvocationBuilderImpl.post(InvocationBuilderImpl.java:150)
	at
com.codeferm.services.jaxrs.UserServiceAuthTest.testAuth(UserServiceAuthTest.java:83)

Re: org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container basic auth returns 403

Posted by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com>.
That was it! I can auth through a browser now, but my test client is kicking
back 404, so I'll have to work on that :) Thanks for your help. I'll let you
know when the working code is up on Github.

Re: org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container basic auth returns 403

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hehe,

we both did an error, on my side I reversed the role map (should be user =
roles)

on your side you set twice the same thing: users and roles is just a user
friendly API for a custom realm so if you set your own realm it is ignored
(you set configuration.setRealm(new MemoryRealm());)

should work fixing both issues

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>