Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Xh <xh...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/08/07 11:53:03 UTC

the newest available dependencies - question

Hi All!

I was wondering if there is a way I can point to Apache Geronimo that I want the newest version of given dependency?

I have few versions of my "commons" libraries and I thought it would be very nice feature if I wouldn't have to change my <dependency><version> and redeploy whole application each time I change something in my commons libraries.

I've deployed successfully my app with:

<dependency>
                <groupId>dataweaver</groupId>
                <artifactId>dataweaver-commons</artifactId>
                <type>jar</type>
</dependency>

(so I guess that <version> element is not required)

added new method (getVersion) to the one of my classes.

when running the result:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xh.dataweaver.common.utils.StringUtils.getVersion()

when I add the <version> element:

<dependency>
                <groupId>dataweaver</groupId>
                <artifactId>dataweaver-commons</artifactId>
                <version>1.15</version>
                <type>jar</type>
</dependency>

StringUtils.getVersion() works fine.

So, is there any way I can point to AG that I want the newest available dependencies?

thanks and regards
Lukasz

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/

Re: the newest available dependencies - question

Posted by Joakim Olsson <ar...@lingonpaj.com>.
Hmmm...What about Struts2 for example where they follow the
next revision will be 2.0.10.

If this change is performed 2.0.9 would be selected until Struts2 is at
version 2.0.91 (or maybe 2.0.90).

Regards,
Joakim

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.