Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "A.H. Oberthur" <a....@erasmusmc.nl> on 2010/01/21 22:46:04 UTC

Newbie: Debugging Bundles in Eclipse

Hello,

I am still busy learning how to use Felix and have set up everything as
described in 'getting started'. I have also set up my own Eclipse
environment as described and now have a Felix project with:

Felix
- src
- bin:     here lies felix.jar, its on the build path
- bundles: org.apache felix bundles
- conf:    felix config
- classes: compiled classes from Eclipse (instead of bin)
- aloys:   my own jars added (for now tutorial jars, source code embedded).

Next I have followed the instructions from
http://felix.apache.org/site/integrating-felix-with-eclipse.html. Now when
I place a breakpoint in e.g. the Activator.start(BundleContext context)
from tutorial 01 and the breakpoint is reached, the code is halted at the
breakpoint but Eclipse claims it cannot find the source code.

Yet the source code is as well in the project I created for tutorial 01
(of course) and that is where I placed the breakpoint. I also exported the
bundle for tutorial 01 with source code - and I checked it actually is in
the jar.

I can resolve this by pressing the Button for attaching a source and
telling Eclipse to search in its own project but this is not how it is
explained in the abovementioned site. Am I missing something here?

Warmest regards,
Aloys