Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dan Connelly <ds...@adelphia.net> on 2001/07/02 16:39:03 UTC

Re: OFFTOPIC: Solaris and Tomcat problems!

There is no compiler class (jar) distributed with Tomcat, out of the box.
Apparently there are none in open source.  Apache will only distribute open
source.

Of course, Sun (and others) distribute "tools.jar" (or equiv) gratis.
Modify your startup.sh (or is it setenv.sh ??) to include the tools.jar on
the Tomcat classpath.   Then all is well.