Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/11/05 18:49:08 UTC

Gump Site/Documentation

All

I'd really like to start updating the documentation for Gump. Sadly, I'm not
familiar with the xdoc to site generator that has been used. Would it be ok
if I attempted to convert Gump documentation to using forrest, and then
attempt to update the site? Is this a good way to do things these days, or
ought I attempt to learn the existing mechanism?

regards

Adam
--
Experience Sybase Technology...
http://www.try.sybase.com

Re: Gump Site/Documentation

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
> All
>
> I'd really like to start updating the documentation for Gump. Sadly,
> I'm not
> familiar with the xdoc to site generator that has been used. Would it
> be ok
> if I attempted to convert Gump documentation to using forrest, and then
> attempt to update the site? Is this a good way to do things these
> days, or
> ought I attempt to learn the existing mechanism?

I believe it has been built with Anakia, a small subproject of
velocity.  It is relatively simple to master, but if you want to
upgrade to Forrest, feel free.  I would assume this is going to fall
under 'lazy concensus', so just go for it unless someone outright
objects.

Scott