Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Pranav Modi <pr...@runa.com> on 2012/07/25 19:21:39 UTC

HBase tap for cascading

Hello,

I have a hbase table where the column names for a column family are not
known in advance; timestamp is part of the column name. for example, a
column name could be -

events:1336343168013

My question is - has anyone been able to read such tables with a Cascading
tap for hbase?

Cascading/maple (https://github.com/Cascading/maple)  only allows queries
where the column names are known in advance.

Thanks,
Pranav.

Re: HBase tap for cascading

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Hi Pranav,

This is a question better posed to the Cascading mailing lists.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Pranav Modi <pr...@runa.com> wrote:
> I have a hbase table where the column names for a column family are not
> known in advance; timestamp is part of the column name. for example, a
> column name could be -
>
> events:1336343168013
>
> My question is - has anyone been able to read such tables with a Cascading
> tap for hbase?
>
> Cascading/maple (https://github.com/Cascading/maple)  only allows queries
> where the column names are known in advance.

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)