Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bill Holloway <bi...@peoplepad.com> on 2008/04/12 05:29:55 UTC

T5: exception type prefix during onException

In using onException, I send the resulting string to a conditionally-shown
exception), it is prefixed with  a string describing the type of my
exception.  So if my message is "database is unreachable", the message
displayed on the page is

java.lang.Exception:  database is unreachable

Is there any way to knock out the prefixing of the exception type?

--
Bill @ PeoplePad

Re: T5: exception type prefix during onException

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@peoplepad.com>.
Sure, that'll work.  I guess I was wondering if there were a built-in
feature to disable this or if something in the JVM were involved that
I could configure.  I should've worded my question that way!

Thanks!

Bill