Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by rmillet <rm...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/31 10:48:32 UTC

DecompressingHttpClient and POST requests

Hi,

I want to replace the deprecated ContentEncodingHttpClient with
DecompressingHttpClient, but the DecompressingHttpClient don't send the
body of the Post request.
(If I use the DefaultHttpClient without the DecompressingHttpClient, the
request sent contains the body and the Content-Type header)

Here is what I do:

            HttpClient client = new DecompressingHttpClient(new
DefaultHttpClient());

            HttpPost request = new HttpPost(new URI("http://tests/post.php
"));
            List<NameValuePair> parameters = new ArrayList<NameValuePair>();
            parameters.add(new BasicNameValuePair("toto", "42"));
            request.setEntity(new UrlEncodedFormEntity(parameters,
Consts.UTF_8));

            client.execute(request);

What is the working fashion to send post requests with
DecompressingHttpClient ?

Regards,
rmillet

Re: DecompressingHttpClient and POST requests

Posted by Jon Moore <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi rmillet,

You've run into a bug that someone else just reported in JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1199

We'll work on getting a fix into the next release.

Jon