Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Greg Dove <gr...@apache.org> on 2017/03/03 04:59:34 UTC

[FlexJS] Any gude to getting checkintests working

There are a few things I have not yet gotten working so far, and the ant checkintests is one of them.

If I understand correctly I should be running this before any commit? I tried to make sense of this today, but it is not so easy (for me) because I am unfamiliar with this stuff.

As I have never done this so far, is it ok if I just continue to commit based on the regular ant and maven builds (with their various tests) completing successfully? Otherwise if I need to get this set up, is there a guide to doing so somewhere that I can follow?

Re: [FlexJS] Any gude to getting checkintests working

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi guys,

Argh! … stupid copy+paste error … sorry for the confusion and thanks for finding that ☺

Chris

Am 04.03.17, 02:50 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com>:

    Hi,

    > Just tried this:
    > mvn clean install –P build-examples

    Doh! Its: -Pbuild-examples ie you need to skip the spaces in the instructions below.

    Well on my setup anyway.

    Justin

Re: [FlexJS] Any gude to getting checkintests working

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> For the framework:
> A simple “mvn clean install” compiles just the framework libs, but doesn’t build the examples.
> If you do a “mvn clean install –P build-examples” it will also build the examples (Examples will run a small unit test that tests, the build artifacts are correctly created)

Just tried this:
mvn clean install –P build-examples

and I got:
[ERROR] Unknown lifecycle phase "–P". You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or a goal in the format <plugin-prefix>:<goal> or <plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>[:<plugin-version>]:<goal>. Available lifecycle phases are: validate, initialize, generate-sources, process-sources, generate-resources, process-resources, compile, process-classes, generate-test-sources, process-test-sources, generate-test-resources, process-test-resources, test-compile, process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, package, pre-integration-test, integration-test, post-integration-test, verify, install, deploy, pre-clean, clean, post-clean, pre-site, site, post-site, site-deploy. -> [Help 1]

What am I doing wrong?

This may help:
mvn -version
Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5; 2015-11-11T03:41:47+11:00)
Maven home: /usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.3.9/libexec
Java home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_73.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
Default locale: en_AU, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.12.3", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [FlexJS] Any gude to getting checkintests working

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Excellent!  Thanks for sticking with it.

-Alex

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.
Chris, I focused on getting ant checkintests to work first because I saw
more progress there (browser launch, but execution fail) initially. After
downgrading firefox it worked properly with the older selenium setup that
the ant build uses.

I then tried to get maven build working and finally realised that it was a
problem I had earlier with
set webdriver.gecko.driver=path_to/geckodriver.exe
In a windows .bat file

vs. -Dwebdriver.gecko.driver=path_to/geckodriver.exe

On the mvn command line

(I had this before with distributionTargetFolder
It only works with the command line define)

So, I think it probably would have worked like it should without the FF
broswer downgrade for maven, I just did not realise what I was doing wrong
for maven until after I had already addressed the issue for ant.

-Greg
[sent from my phone]

On 4/03/2017 10:08 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

Hi Greg,

Just because this thread had gotten a little confusing because of the mixup
of Ant and Maven related infos.
Did I understand, that you got the tests working on windows with Maven, but
had to downgrade your firefoxx?

I just checked:
We are using selenium-firefox-driver in version 3.0.1 in the Maven build.
I just checked my firefox and this is in Version 50.1.0 too … eventually I
should update to the latest version … oh … ok … it automatically updated ☹

The latest version of the selenium-firefox-driver is 3.2.0 … would be very
easy to update. Then we probably should get ASF Infra to update the
geckodriver on the Jenkins build agents (and eventually update Firefox).

 Chris

Am 04.03.17, 08:05 schrieb "Greg Dove" <gr...@gmail.com>:

    That was it. Downgrading firefox worked. Thanks!

    I saw the browser launch and quick test from ant  checkintests,

    I did not see it from the maven build:
    mvn clean install -P build-examples -Drat.skip=true

    ...then I remembered I had an unrelated issue with using
    distributionTargetFolder defined from a locally set environment variable
    (this is Windows, might be windows-specific) for maven

    so... for posterity, this is the maven version that works for me on
windows:

    mvn clean install -P build-examples -Drat.skip=true
    -Dwebdriver.gecko.driver=%cd%/../testing/selenium/firefox/
geckodriver.exe

    where 'testing' in

    testing/selenium/firefox/geckodriver.exe

    is a sibling folder to flex-asjs that I just set up arbitrarily in my
local
    flexjs related directories

    So I now (finally) have the browser tests working. :)

    On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

    > On 3/3/17, 9:53 PM, "Greg Dove" <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks, I'm running 51.0.1, I'll see if I can downgrade that.
Suffice to

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Greg,

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris, and Alex,

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Greg,

[...]

And If you also define an environment variable “webdriver.gecko.driver” to the selenium gecko-driver and run “mvn clean install –P build-examples” the build will also run some browser-tests.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/2/17, 10:25 PM, "Greg Dove" <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I must have missed that discussion! That also helps!
>I'm getting closer, now have local trust/security sandbox issues for the
>flex-sdk tests that I will need to resolve.

Oh yeah, I generally open a folder containing my repos to Flash.  See
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlayer/LSM/WS6aa5ec234ff3f285139dc56112e37
86b68c-7fea.html

To access those settings, run one of our FlexJS SWF examples or any Flash
content then right-click.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] Any gude to getting checkintests working

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.
I must have missed that discussion! That also helps!
I'm getting closer, now have local trust/security sandbox issues for the
flex-sdk tests that I will need to resolve.
I will circle back to that tomorrow morning. If I get this working then I
assume the as-js version will be straightforward (fingerscrossed).
Thanks for stepping me through this, I am sure I will get there tomorrow.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Greg,