Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "t.n.a." <tn...@sharanet.org> on 2005/03/09 16:50:34 UTC

deploying a tomcat application

The question's probably fairly simple, so I'd be thankfull for a link or
two if it's been answered before, but here's what I'd like to know...
I have a tapestry application I develop on a local tomcat instance and
it's my first app of that type.
In a couple of days I'll have to upload it to a server of an ISP where
tomcat is running. As a minimum, I'll have to upload the .war file
(which I don't know how to build, but never mind that) and set up a
deployment descriptor so that tomcat knows where the application. Am I
missing something important? What possible problems should I be aware
of? Can I make tomcat load the application without a restart?

Tomislav