Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Christoph Reck <Ch...@dlr.de> on 2001/10/15 14:55:03 UTC

[PROPOSAL] XML Configuration

Please see the simple specification and examples at
    ftp://ftp.dfd.dlr.de/put/reck/XML_Configuration.html

The sources are at
    ftp://ftp.dfd.dlr.de/put/reck/XmlConfig

Please let me know if it is desireable that I prepare this for
submission to the apache commons.

:) Chirstoph

Magnus ?or Torfason wrote:

> > We have a XmlConfigReader.java that reads this format and
> > provides a lot of getXXX() access methods to the data read.
> >
> > It is "production quality" as Bojan frased it - it is used in
> > our inhouse production system by *many* subsystems. Some use it for
> > Configuration data, others for test object ingestion, others
> > (mine) use it to assemble beans to usable views.
> >
> > We also have a XmlConfigWriter that takes bean instances via a set
> > method and then writes this back into a flat file (object hiearchy
> > is obtained via references).
> >
> > If you want to see the code, please send me a note. I can publish it
> > for free.
> >
> > :) Christoph
> >

> Hmm, is this something for the config section of Apache Commons?
>
> It sounds pretty interesting.
>
> Regards,
>
> Magnus

I have posted the availability several times in some ot the apache lists
(Cocoon, Turbine, Velocity) each time with some interest, but things went
under. e.g.:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg00006.html

Re: [PROPOSAL] XML Configuration

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I haven't looked in detail, but from a quick once-over the XML format looks
similar to that used in the 'long term bean persistence' format in JDK1.4

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/beans/changes14.html

e.g.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/beans/XMLEncoder.html

(page down a little bit for a sample of the XML)

James

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.