Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael <Mi...@bio-world.com> on 2005/06/29 22:19:26 UTC

help with spamd

Every time i try to start spamassassin it says
that spamd failed to start and -a has been removed.Look in use_auto_whitlist option configuration. Can you help me with that ??

Re: help with spamd

Posted by "Mark Wendt (Contractor)" <we...@kingcrab.nrl.navy.mil>.
At 09:11 AM 6/30/2005, Jim Maul wrote:
>Michael wrote:
>>How can i get the autolearn to work ??
>>

>I heard that you have to stand on one foot while patting your head and
>rubbing your stomach.
>
>-Jim

Don't forget the sacrificial chickens...

Mark

Re: help with spamd

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.

Re: help with spamd

Posted by Michael <Mi...@bio-world.com>.
How can i get the autolearn to work ??

Re: help with spamd

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Michael wrote:
> Every time i try to start spamassassin it says
> that spamd failed to start and -a has been removed.Look in
> use_auto_whitlist option configuration. Can you help me with that ??

Your script that starts spamd calls spamd with the -a command line parameter.

This parameter used to enable the AWL, but it is no longer accepted on the
command line due to changes in the AWL code.

Edit your startup script and remove -a from the command-line to spamd. (usually
the script is something like /etc/init.d/spamassassin or
/etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin)

It's been replaced with a config file option, use_auto_whitelist. Edit
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and add this if you still want to use the AWL.
	use_auto_whitelist 1

or to disable the AWL:

	use_auto_whitelist 0