Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> on 2014/04/09 23:11:04 UTC

Reconfiguring master POM to use profiles

We have had some discussion on separating some of the tests that require
special resources (grids, clouds, etc) into profiles so that they can be
run optionally.

I can see benefits of other modifications to the master POM's organization.

* If there are dependencies between modules, we need to capture this
explicitly in the POM.

* Some modules ("distribution") only need to be run in certain
circumstances and not every time we compile.

* Some directories/modules are optional (samples, tools, etc). We may
want to not compile these by default, especially if they are not
regularly tested (i.e., not something that we want to distribute or
support).

Marlon