Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by kshitiz <k....@gmail.com> on 2012/06/21 18:12:48 UTC

Ajax refresh component with initial setVisible(false)

Hi,

How to ajax refresh components which are initially setvisible to false but
later set to true. I know when it is false, then its mark up is not created
in DOM. I have tried like

**ajaxPagingNavigator.setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true);**

here, ajaxPagingNavigator is component. *But it is not appearing but its
visibility becomes true.* What is the solution?

Re: Ajax refresh component with initial setVisible(false)

Posted by kshitiz <k....@gmail.com>.
Please help me out here....is there any silly mistake that I am making?

Re: Ajax refresh component with initial setVisible(false)

Posted by kshitiz <k....@gmail.com>.
This is my submitCommentPanel:

public SubmitCommentPanel(String id, final PostDomain postDomain,
			final UserDomain userDomain) {

		super(id);

		this.setOutputMarkupId(true);

AjaxFallbackButton ajaxCommentSubmitButton = new AjaxFallbackButton(
				"commentSubmitButton", commentForm) {
			/**
			 *
			 */

			@Override
			public void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, final Form<?> form) {

				/*
				 * Populating commentDomain instance for submitting comment.
				 * This instance is then passed to CommentService class
				 */

				if (target != null) {

					try {
						// some processing

					} catch (Exception exception) {
						error(exception.getMessage());
					}
					target.add(submitCommentFeedbackPanel);
					*target.add(SubmitCommentPanel.this);*
				}
			}
};

* here, I am adding one more panel which should not be visible in a
situation ...
ShowCommentPanel showCommentPanel = new ShowCommentPanel(
				"showCommentPanel", postDomain, userDomain);
		showCommentPanel.setVisible(!postDomain.getCommentDomainList().isEmpty());
		add(showCommentPanel);*
}
Now ShowCommentPanel is:

public ShowCommentPanel(final String id,
			final PostDomain postDomain,
			final UserDomain userDomain) {
		super(id);
		// TODO Auto-generated constructor stub

	*	@SuppressWarnings("rawtypes")
		Label numberOfCommentLabel = new Label("numberOfCommentLabel",
				new PropertyModel(postDomain, "numberOfComments"));
add(numberOfCommentLabel);*
}

Now what is happening that when showCommentPanel visibility is initially
false but later becomes true after ajax refresh, even then
*numberOfCommentLabel * does not appear. I have to refresh the whole page to
make them appear. After that they refresh properly by ajax.

Re: Ajax refresh component with initial setVisible(false)

Posted by Thomas Götz <to...@decoded.de>.
Could you show us some code? This will make it much easier for us to help you, thanks!

   -Tom

Posted by kshitiz <k....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Did you add your component to the AjaxRequestTarget for update?

target.add(ajaxPagingNavigator);

??

Sven