Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se> on 2007/05/11 09:44:46 UTC

Re: Logging on Mina

Tan Ka Ju wrote:
> Hello Niklas,
>
> I was trying the sample of the SumUp in MINA1.1 using Netbeans
> under WindowsXP, jdk1.5.
>
> My problem is I do not know where is the logfile that should be
> generated by the SessionLog. Can you guide me?

Hi,

The SessionLog uses SLF4J which is a logging facade for various logging
APIs (similar to Commons Logging). You probably have slf4j-nop.jar in
your class path, right? In that case nothing will be logged. If you
replace it with slf4j-simple.jar log messages with level INFO and higher
will be logged to the console. If you want to use log4j you should use
either slf4j-log4j12.jar or slf4j-log4j13.jar and then you just set up
log4j as usual.

You will find all these jars through the SLF4J home page as well as the
manual: http://www.slf4j.org

PS: I'm CCing this reply to the MINA mailing list. Please send your
questions there in the future. It's the best way to get help on MINA.

--
Niklas Therning
www.spamdrain.net

Re: Logging on Mina

Posted by Tan Ka Ju <kj...@comintel.com.my>.
Thanks Niklas. You are such wonderful. It works perfectly now.

Rgds,
KJ

>>> Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se> 05/11/07 4:40 pm >>>
I usually use Log4j's PropertyConfigurator to load my log4j.properties
in my main() method:

PropertyConfigurator.configure("/path/to/log4j.properties");

Add something like that before you do anything else in main() and it
should work.

/Niklas

Re: Logging on Mina

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
As another option, I place the log4j.properties file in the src directory in
Eclipse so that it gets loaded into the classpath.  But of course either way
works...

--
..Cheers
Mark