Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org> on 2018/05/21 22:27:13 UTC

[text] Re: HumanNameParser

Hi Amitava,

There were still pending issues prior to the 1.0 release, so it was moved to a branch for further work. If you are interested in using it, perhaps you would have some suggestions/comments for these tickets:

* Human name parser https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEXT-15

* Make HumanNameParser configurable https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEXT-16

* Create branch for HumanNameParser https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEXT-30

The code is now in the TEXT-30 branch, which can be viewed here https://github.com/apache/commons-text/tree/TEXT-30

If memory serves me well, main issues are the localization (i.e. how to handle names in different countries, regions), and also whether it deserves its own components, or perhaps whether it would be more suitable to be part of another project e.g. Apache OpenNLP.

If you just need to use the class as-is, you can check-out that branch, run `mvn install` and/or `mvn deploy` to get a jar to be used in your project.

Hope that helps,
Bruno

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
The class is unlikely to make it into a release. It is a hard problem that
Apache OpenNLP is already solving.

Gary

Re: [text] Re: HumanNameParser

Posted by Amitava Paul <am...@gmail.com>.