Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2018/04/25 17:11:28 UTC

Link to Apache Events (ApacheCon, Apache Roadshow) on Lucene homepage

Hi,

Isabel asked me to add some banner links to the Apache Lucene/Solr homepage that link to Apache's current events. She was mainly interested in Apache Roadshow as co-located event to FOSSBACKSTAGE and Berlinbuzzwords, but also about Apachecon. See the rationale: http://apache.org/events/README.txt - The ASF has a banner link that I copy-pasted to the sidebar. I added it to the Lucene/PyLucene/LuceneCore pages, but for Solr I am not sure where the best place would be.

I have not yet deployed it, so you can see it here on the right side before "ASF links" under "Events":
http://lucene.staging.apache.org/

For Solr I have not yet a solution, as there is no sidebar and no "ASF links section anywhere". Any ideas where to place the banner. Documentation is here: http://apache.org/events/README.txt, there are 2 banner sizes (a small quadratic one, for our sidebar, but also a more wide classical horizontal banner).

If this is OK to you, I'd commit this later this evening, hopefully with adding Solr support, as most people visit that page first.

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

RE: Link to Apache Events (ApacheCon, Apache Roadshow) on Lucene homepage

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
OK,

I added it there. Will publish it later, if you thinks it's fine. Thanks.

Not sure if I can make it to Montreal, but looks like a good opportunity. I will be in Berlin for buzzwords/fossbackstage/ApacheRoadshow!

Uwe

-----
Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Looks good for me.