Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Darren Seryck <Da...@jda.com> on 2017/05/17 17:08:16 UTC

Xerces Parser

Hi,

We are having an issue where the Xerces 2.11 parser does not support the feature http://apache.org/xml/features/namespace-growth, we need to use the JDK internal version of Xerces which does.

Currently we are doing that by setting javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory in etc/system.properties.
javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory\:http\://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema = com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.XMLSchemaFactory

My question is why is Xerces 2.11 shipped with Karaf in lib/endorsed?

And would it be ok to remove it in our custom distribution of Karaf?

Thanks
Darren

Darren Seryck
JDA Software
darren.seryck@jda.com<ma...@jda.com>
visit us / jda.com<http://www.jda.com/>

Download the Free eBook: Digital Supply Chain For Dummies > <http://now.jda.com/Collateral-2017-04-Digital-Supply-Chain-for-Dummies-Global_Main.html?sfdc=DigitalDummies0417Outlook>

To the extent permitted by law, we may monitor electronic communications for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies. We may also collect email traffic headers for analyzing patterns of network traffic and managing client relationships. For additional information see https://jda.com/privacy-policy.

RE: Xerces Parser

Posted by Darren Seryck <Da...@jda.com>.
I found this issue explaining why Xerces was added to lib/endorsed (bug fix for IBM Java)

That was in 2013, is anyone who is running Linux and IBM Java 7 able to check that Xerces can be removed from lib/endorsed?

Cheers
Darren

On Wed, 17 May 2017 17:08:16 +0000, Darren Seryck wrote:

> My question is why is Xerces 2.11 shipped with Karaf in lib/endorsed?

I don't know, but it really, really, VERY SERIOUSLY should not be there.
Or anywhere else for that matter.

> And would it be ok to remove it in our custom distribution of Karaf?

It must be OK, since anything that doesn't work with the JDK JAXP is broken anyway.

Thanks for bringing this up!

-h

Re: Xerces Parser

Posted by Holger Hoffstätte <ho...@applied-asynchrony.com>.