Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Eric Cantonna <pe...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/29 16:20:01 UTC

Debugging Tools useful for HTTPClient ?

Hi all,

I'm debugging an HTTPClient application of mine. I'm using wireshark to watch what happens but does anyone knows of other interesting tools? Basically, I would like 2 things:

A)A tool to read and analyze (business wise) the http dumps i have (as in reading files saved by wireshark)  or a tool to analyze data on the fly through a java proxy).

B)A tool to manually send http requests

I could I believe write a java proxy by myself or a read wireshark dump format and I could create a tool that lets the user send packets manually but I don't like to reinvent the wheel when it isn't necessary...

Yours.

RE: Debugging Tools useful for HTTPClient ?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 11:53 +0000, Eric Cantonna wrote:
> I'm using version 3.1 of the Apache HTTPClient

You can use wire logging to fulfill the requirement A.

Oleg

RE: Debugging Tools useful for HTTPClient ?

Posted by Eric Cantonna <pe...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 14:20 +0000, Eric Cantonna wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm debugging an HTTPClient application of mine. I'm using wireshark to watch what happens but does anyone knows of other interesting tools? Basically, I would like 2 things:

Eric

Are you developing an HTTP client of your own or using Apache
HttpClient?

Oleg