Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ivan Siviero <iv...@concept.it> on 2002/03/06 11:49:48 UTC

big problem with SunOS 5.8

i just want to ask to the struts developer if they know something about problems with xerces.jar on SunOS 5.8.
I'm deploying a struts application on that enviroment and i'm having big problems when accessing the struts-config.xml.

With xerces.jar i get this kind of exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Parsing error processing resource path  /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

i tried to substitute the xerces.jar with xercesImpl.jar and i get a different exception but it probably means the same thing:

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Input/output error reading configuration from resource path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

Of course my struts-config.xml do exist under that path so i thought it was a file permission problem.
I set all the permission to 777 but the problem still persist.

Can someone please tell me something about this ? Is it a sort of bug ? Isn' it ? Is there something i can do to solve the problem ? Is there another JAXP compliant xml parser i might download ?
Is there another mailing list archive beside struts-user and struts-developer to post to ?
I'm a bit frustrated as the same application do works fine both on Windows2000 and Linux.
I do not know what to do anymore !
Ivan